The Simple Version:
- Be Kind
- Be Careful
The Full Version:
bHive is a peer to peer sharing economy platform. You might be interested in what those words mean!
bhive: the trading name of bHive Bendigo Cooperative Ltd
Sharing Economy: an economic system in which assets or services are shared between private individuals, either free or for a fee, typically by means of the Internet.
Peer to Peer: Services delivered person to person, rather than from an institution or business to a person.
Peer Economy: Systems that connect buyers and sellers facilitating the exchange of assets directly between individuals.
Collaborative Economy: Systems that unlock value from underused assets by matching ‘needs’ and ‘haves’ in ways that bypass traditional intermediaries and distribution channels.
Collaborative Consumption: Systems that reinvent traditional market behaviors — renting, lending, swapping, sharing, bartering, gifting — in ways and on a scale not possible before the internet.
Access Economy: Systems that enable people to pay for access to the benefit of goods rather than needing to own them outright.
Platforms: The network, marketplace or other digitally enabled mechanism used to facilitate an exchange.
Cooperative: a jointly owned enterprise engaging in the production or distribution of goods or the supplying of services, operated by its members for their mutual benefit, typically organized by consumers.
Non-Distributing Cooperative: Profits made by the cooperative are reinvested in the cooperative or into the community. Profits are not shared amongst members. This is what bHive is.
bHive is a cooperative: bHive is a member owned business. Once you subscribe to Villages you can also become a member and an owner of bHive cooperative if you’d like. Globally, cooperatives, and therefore users of our Villages software, adhere to these seven principles:
- Open and Voluntary Membership.
- Democratic Member Control.
- Members’ Economic Participation.
- Autonomy and Independence.
- Education, Training, and Information.
- Cooperation Among Cooperatives.
- Concern for Community.
Email us for more information on joining the co-op [email protected].
We ask you to
- Be Kind: Please look after each other. Be a good neighbour!
- Be Careful: Take responsibility for each other’s stuff, for each other’s privacy and make what you say and post G rated and friendly.
- Take Responsibility for your own Village: You control who is in your Village. So long as another neighbour consents, you can add them to your Village. If someone is not behaving in a friendly manner and their behaviour cannot be sorted out with a friendly conversation, you can remove that person from your Village. Both of you with then not see each others posts, events, sharing library, plans and you will not be able to message each other anymore.
- Loan and borrow stuff at your own risk: The Villages platform is providing software that enables you to find neighbours you can borrow and loan free stuff with. The arrangement you make is up to you and your neighbour and the risk lies with you and your neighbour. Just as it currently does when you lend or borrow something with a neighbour or friend.
- Take Responsibility for your own Communities: When you set up a community on the platform you are the admin for that community. You can also add other people. Admin are responsible for managing behaviour within a community. You accept people who join the community and you can remove people from the community.
- Removing or updating personal records: You can update your details at any time by visiting your profile page and clicking the edit links. You can leave Villages by clicking the “cancel account” link on your profile page. You can also leave Villages by contacting us at: [email protected].
Fees and costs
Our fees are kept reasonable. 4% of revenue is invested to restore the local ecology and eradicate poverty locally. You are responsible for paying any applicable fees and taxes and for all hardware, software, service and other costs you may incur in connection with the Services, including costs incurred in connecting to the platform via the Internet.
Content guidelines and prohibited use
You agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise transmit any Content that is:
- harmful, threatening, indecent, discourteous, racially offensive, abusive, obscene, fraudulent or hateful that defames, abuses, harasses or threatens others;
- invasive to the privacy and publicity rights of any person, or that violates any applicable local, state, national, or international law, including any regulation having the force of law contains any viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or other disabling devices or other harmful component intended to damage, detrimentally interfere with, surreptitiously intercept or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- advocates or encourages any illegal activity;
- infringes upon the copyright, patent, trademark, trade secret, publicity right or other intellectual property or proprietary right of any third party;
- violates the privacy of individuals, including other users of the platform
Other restrictions on use.
- You shall comply with all laws and regulations applicable to your use of the services, the platform, and the material. You are not permitted to use bHive’s name, URL, trademarks or other material in any manner, including, without limitation, in connection with “spam” email messages or newsgroup postings.
- You may not impose an unreasonable or disproportionately large load (as determined by us in light of the load imposed by other users generally) on bHive’s infrastructure. You may not use any “bot” or other automated repetitive or iterative mechanism or the like to gain any sort of benefit from bHive or any of its affiliates.
- You must not maliciously impersonate any real person or entity, including but not limited to an bHive staff member or volunteer, or to otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with any person or entity;
- You must not use the service to upload, post or otherwise transmit any content that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as inside information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
- You must not interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service;
- You must not allow usage by others in such a way as to violate this Agreement or
- You must not allow usage of your account by others;
- You must not make excessive or otherwise harmful automated use of the Service;
- You must not access any other person’s account, or exceed the scope of the Service that you have signed up for; for example, accessing and using features you don’t have a right to use;
- You must not use the Service or act in a way that is inconsistent with our Purpose;
- bHive in its sole discretion shall determine your compliance with these terms and reserves the right to delete from the platform without prior notice any material that it deems to be non-complying or otherwise objectionable for any reason. bHive may take any action with respect to the material if bHive believes, in its sole discretion, that the material may create liability for itself or any third parties or may cause bHive to lose (in whole or in part) the services of its ISPs, partners or subscribers.
Reporting Violations:To report a violation of this agreement, please email [email protected]
Links to third party sites
Any third-party sites to which the Platform may link are not under bHive’s control, and bHive does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information, content, communications or materials available on such third-party sites. Unless express language to the contrary, bHive does not intend links contained on the Platform to be referrals to, or endorsements of, the linked third-party sites or the entities that operate them, and such links are provided for convenience only.